It’s recommended to change the default password. It reduces your risk of exposure to unauthorized access and hackers who may even change your settings and lock out you.
How To Change WiFi Name and Password of NT Fiber?
1. Find Your IP Address in the backside of your Router and enter it into your web browser.
NOTE: You can find your IP address manually using Command Prompt. For this follow these steps:
- Press Windows+R, type “cmd” and then press Enter to open a Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt, type the command ipconfig and press Enter.
- Look at the “Default Gateway” section where your IP address will be displayed.
2. Enter the default username and password to Log in.
3. Go to “Wireless” and look for an option “Security”.
4. Open “Security” and look for an option “WiFi name” or “SSID”.
5. Enter your new Wi-Fi name or SSID and click on “Apply/Save”.
NOTE: To hide your WiFi, Click on the “Hide Access Point” checkmark and click on”Apply/Save”.
6. To change your WiFi password, go to “WPA/WAPI passphrase” and enter the strong password click on “Apply/Save”.
Tips for choosing Strong WiFi Names and passwords:
- Don’t give away any personal information.
- Don’t use the identical name for multiple networks.
- Do use a combination of letters, symbols, and numbers
- Don’t use common passwords
- Do use a password longer than 12 characters
- Do use a unique password and don’t share it with anyone.
After changing your WiFi Name and Password, you’ll have to reconnect all your devices again by entering the new Wi-Fi name and password. Your devices won’t be able to connect until you do.
This is all about changing the WiFi Name and Password of NT Fiber. You can change the WiFi Name and Password of other ISP’s too using a similar process.
If you want to block unauthorized access from using your WiFi, Read this article,
If You Still have any doubt or any problem let us know in Comment Section.