Spotify is one of the most popular and widely used music streaming platforms worldwide. This platform allows you to listen to songs of famous artists and even create playlists containing only your favorite songs. It also allows you to listen to the songs in them as many times as you want. But, how do you shuffle on Spotify?
Shuffling is an option that allows you to mix up the songs you are listening to so that you are not constantly bored by the same genre of music playing over and over again. It gives you a chance to mix up the songs and expect the unexpected. Spotify has this feature included in its app that allows you to do so.
If you are unaware of how to shuffle songs on Spotify, worry no more because, with this article, we have you covered.
How to Shuffle on Spotify?
Especially when you are listening to music from your playlist, you created, you might sometimes want to not go serially. Well, the shuffle feature has your back. If you have a premium account, you can turn off the shuffle option anytime you wish to. You can shuffle on Spotify by:
1. Using Phone
2. Using Desktop/PC
1. Using Phone
To shuffle on Spotify using your phone, follow the given steps:
1. Open the Spotify app and log into your account.
2. Click on ‘Library’.
3. Go to the playlist you wish to shuffle.
4. Click on the ‘Shuffle Play’ icon you see.
5. Your songs will now be played in Shuffle.
6. If you are using Spotify premium, you can also turn on the shuffle by going to the now-playing song from the bottom of the screen and tapping on the ‘Shuffle’ icon beside the play button. Once it turns green, it means that your songs are set on Shuffle.
In this way, you can shuffle on Spotify using your phone.
2. Using Desktop/PC
To shuffle on Spotify using the Spotify app for windows or mac, follow the given steps:
1. Open Spotify on your desktop/Pc and log into your account.
2. From the left sidebar, go to the playlist you wish to shuffle.
3. Click on the ‘Play’ icon.
4. Once the song starts playing, from the now playing section at the bottom, tap on the ‘Shuffle’ icon.
5. When the icon turns green, it is an indication that songs have started shuffling.
In this way, you can shuffle on Spotify using your desktop/PC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I shuffle songs that are not on a playlist?
Yes, on the Spotify app, all songs are by default set on shuffle if you are using a normal account. If you are using a premium account, you can navigate to the now playing section and hit the ‘Shuffle’ icon, and shuffle songs that are in your playlist or not.
On the desktop app, you can just directly go to the now playing and shuffle the songs normally.
Do I need a premium account to shuffle songs on Spotify?
No, in fact, it is quite the opposite. Spotify allows you to shuffle songs on the desktop app whether you have a premium account or not. On the phone app, however, the songs are shuffled by default. When you have a premium account, you can turn off the shuffle option on the Spotify app instead.
How to play a song on a loop on Spotify?
To play a song on a loop, go to the now playing section on your desktop/PC and click on the ‘Loop’ icon you see.
You can also do the same and loop the song on your phone if you have a premium account.
Hence, by using the steps mentioned above in the article, you can now easily shuffle songs on Spotify whether you are using the app version or the desktop. Shuffle and play your playlists, shared ones, or even the recommended songs by Spotify. But remember that turn it off on your phones, you will need a premium account.
Hope this article was helpful and cleared your doubts. Feel free to leave comments in case of any queries.