TikTok is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms worldwide right now. Everyone we know is on TikTok even if it is just for scrolling. If you are on TikTok regularly, it is common for you to come across videos you love posted by someone else. Sure, you can share the content on other social media platforms or direct message it to your friends. But, did you know that you also can repost on TikTok?
Less than a year ago, TikTok added a built-in feature that allows you to repost the videos shared by other creators. When you love a certain TikTok, you can just repost it. Doing so, the video will be shared with your TikTok followers with your added caption. The best part is that the original creator will also be shown and credited and your profile picture too will appear on it.
If you are unaware of how to repost on TikTok, worry no more because, with this article, we have your back.
How to Repost on TikTok?
Reposting on TikTok is extremely easy and takes only a few seconds. The built-in repost option is available on all devices that support TikTok. You can find this option on the app as well as the TikTok web version and the steps to be followed are similar in all of them as well. To repost on TikTok, follow the given steps:
1. Open TikTok and log into your account.
2. Go to the video you wish to repost.
3. Click on the ‘Share icon’ as shown below.
4. Click on the ‘Repost’ icon.
5. Add a comment you wish that will be displayed to your TikTok followers and other people who view it and click on the ‘Post’ icon.
6. The video will be reposted.
7. To undo the repost, click on the ‘Share icon‘ again.
8. Select ‘Remove repost’ again.
9. Select ‘Remove’ to remove your comment as well.
10. The repost will be removed.
In this way, you can repost on TikTok and even undo the repost whenever you want.
How to Repost Video as your Own?
Now that you have learned how to repost on TikTok without taking credit for the original creator, there is also a method using which you can repost it as your own. Not just of someone else, you can also download videos you shared once before on TikTok, remove the watermark of TikTok and share it again. You can use a website called the TikTok Video Downloader that allows you to download TikTok videos without a watermark which you can later upload as your own. To repost a video on TikTok as your own using a third party app, follow the given steps:
1. Open TikTok and go to the video you wish to repost.
2. Click on the ‘Share icon’ as shown below.
3. Select the ‘Copy link’ option.
4. Now, go to the TikTok Video Downloader page and paste the link in the box.
5. Click on ‘Download’ option.
6. Download the video without the watermark.
7. The video gets downloaded.
8. Now, go to TikTok and click on the ‘Create’ option.
9. Click on ‘Upload’ and select the video you just downloaded.
10. Click on ‘Next’.
11. Add the caption you wish, tag people, and add hashtags according to your preference.
12. Once done, click on ‘Post’. The video gets reposted.
In this way, you can repost on TikTok someone else’s video as your own. This method is not recommended use as it uses the work of some other creator and does not give them credit.
Hence, in this way by using the steps mentioned above in the article, you can now easily repost on TikTok. It is much easier that you use the built-in repost option rather than using the third-party website as it is less time-consuming. However, if you wish to post a video as your own without the watermark, you can also use the latter option.
Hope this article was helpful and cleared your doubts. Feel free to leave comments in case of any queries.