When you create a Snapchat account you are asked to provide a phone number to associate your account. However, if you want to remove your phone number from your Snapchat account, you can’t. Snapchat doesn’t provide an option for removing your phone number. But don’t panic, In this article, I will Provide you with how to remove phone number from Snapchat in an easy way.
Snapchat is one of the most used social media around the world. It has almost 293 million users worldwide. Snapchat is used to click pictures, record videos with its fun feature like attach emojis, stickers, text effects, filters, and many more.
How to Remove Phone Number From Snapchat?
If we go to our Snapchat account setting by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of our profile page, we can see our phone number listed in our account setting. To change your phone number your first instinct would be to select it and then deleting it entirely to remove it from your account. However, if we do this and go back where you can see that our phone number still appears in our setting. You can’t directly remove a phone number from Snapchat.
It seems like the only way to remove a phone number is by deleting a Snapchat account. However, there are 3 ways to remove phone numbers from Snapchat. So let’s begin and find out.
3 Ways To Remove Phone Number From Snapchat Account
1. Hide your phone number from Snapchat
Snapchat allows users to find people from their phone numbers. If you don’t want anyone to find you from your phone number, you can hide it.
Here is how you can remove phone number from snapchat
Method 1: Hide your phone number
1. Go to the profile icon.
2. Tap on the setting.
3. Tap on the mobile number.
4. Turn off the (let’s other find me using my mobile number) option.
Method 2: Replace Your Current Phone Number From Another Number
Snapchat allows replacing phone numbers with another one. All you have to do is replace your linked phone number with your new number which you want to add.
1. Open your Snapchat account.
2. Tap on the profile icon.
3. Tap on the setting.
4. Tap on the mobile number.
5. Remove the current phone number and add any other phone number you use rarely.
6. You will get a notification about getting a code via call or text. Select your viable option.
7. Snapchat will request your password for confirmation.
If you want to completely replace or delete your phone number from your Snapchat account then follow this method.
Method 3: Create a New Snapchat Account With Your Primary (Same) Phone Number
The only way to delete your phone number from Snapchat is by creating a new account with your same phone number. To do so, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Log out of your existing Snapchat account.
3. Now you will see the login page.
4. Click on the signup button.
5. Enter your first name, last name and click on signup and accept.
6. Enter your birthday and tap continue.
7. Choose your username.
8. Now enter your password and tap continue.
Click on the signup with the phone numbers instead of your email address.
9. Now enter your primary phone number which you want to remove from your original account.
10. Verify your phone number and enter the code.
11. Your account will be created.
If you select your profile icon and go back to your setting you can see that your phone number is associated with this account.
You can then log out of this account and go back to your original one and if you go back into your setting you will see that your phone number is no longer listed. If we select this section, we will see, we have no longer a phone number associated with this account.
Now you can then go and delete the new account.
How to delete Snapchat account?
It is quite easy and simple to delete a Snapchat account. To do so follow the steps mentioned below
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Log in to your account which you want to delete.
3. Tap on the profile.
4. Tap on the setting.
5. Scroll down and tap on I need help.
6. Tap on my account and security.
7. Tap on delete my account.
8. Enter your password and tap on continue.
Your account will be deleted within 30 days.
Snapchat doesn’t provide any direct option for removing phone numbers. All you have to do this by hiding or replacing the number or creating a new Snapchat account with the same number. I hope this article will help you to remove phone number from Snapchat account. If you got any problems regarding this please let us know.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.