Maybe you want to keep your Facebook profile private, and thus you are looking for how to hide Facebook profile from Google search. Generally, it’s done so that unknown users cannot find you on Google. You may want that your children can get vulnerable if you allow anyone to find them on Google. Or you may be willing to let only your friends and family members find you on Google.
Facebook has provided this service to its users that they can hide their Facebook profiles from Google search. Instead of deleting or deactivating your Facebook account, you can simply hide so that no one without your permission can find you on Google. So, in this article, you will find the steps to hide your Facebook profile from Google Search.
First, you will find the steps for desktop users and secondly for the users of phones. The steps on both devices are quite trouble-free.
How to hide Facebook profile from Google search on Desktop?
To hide your Facebook profile from a Google search, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open your Facebook profile and click on the down arrowhead at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Then click on Settings and Privacy.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Click on Privacy.
5. On scrolling down the screen, you will find Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link your profile. Click on Edit at the right.
6. It will open an option that has blue tick. Click to turn it blank.
7. You will be asked for the confirmation. Select Turn Off option.
8. You will find the checkbox turning white (blank).
How to hide Facebook profile from Google Search on Phone?
If you are a cellphone user, these steps are going to work for you.
- Open your Facebook Profile and click on More icon (three horizontal lines) at the top right corner.
2. Scroll down and click on Settings and Privacy.
3. Then click on Settings.
4. Scroll down and tap on How people can find and contact you.
5. Select the option that says Do you want search engines outside Facebook to link to your profile.
6. You can see that the Allow option has already been enabled with blue. Click on it.
7. Two options will pop out from the bottom. Click on Disable.
8. You will find that the option has turned white meaning it is disabled.
This way you can hide your Facebook profile from Google search on your phone.
This is all about how to hide Facebook profile from Google search. Both ways i.e. on desktop and on phone are mentioned in the article. You can use the one that is suitable for you. You need not delete or deactivate your Facebook profile rather you can just hide Facebook profile from Google search. The procedure is quite simple and easy. Hope you are benefitted from it. Stay tuned for more articles.