Tiktok has been one the most used apps in the last few years with 2 billion downloads worldwide. The app provides a platform where people can show off their creativity in the videos that they post. However, sometimes you may have a change of heart of something you posted already. That is why in this article we will be discussing the ways how to edit a TikTok after posting.
There is no clear-cut way of editing a TikTok video after posting it on the app. After the video is posted you cannot edit the video as you did before posting it. All of the edits are only possible prior to post the video and not after. However, there are some ways around this which we have put together down below.
How to Edit a Tiktok After Posting?
Currently, TikTok does not provide a feature that lets users edit their videos after they are posted. So you can not edit a posted video. But there are some ways around this problem which we have written for you down below:-
- Saving the video and re-uploading it
- Remaking the video and uploading it
- Saving the video in drafts and arranging it
Saving the video and re-uploading it
Sometimes you may have some mistypes or errors in the captions that you added. To edit the captions there is, unfortunately, no other way of doing so other than saving the video and re-uploading it. Follow the steps given below to do so:-
1. Open the TikTok app and tap on your profile tab.
2. Select and tap on the video you wish to edit.
3. Tap on the ‘three dots‘ on the side of the video.
4. Tap on ‘Save video‘ to save the video.
5. Delete the video by tapping on ‘Delete‘.
6. Tap on the plus icon to edit your saved video and post it.
Remaking the video and uploading it
You may want to add/remove some filters or even want to add some clips to the video that you have already posted. However, adding effects and additional video clips to a posted video is not impossible and there is no other way to do so. The only way is by remaking the video editing it to your preference and then uploading it again. Follow the steps below to do so:-
1. Open the Tiktok app and tap on the ‘Profile‘ tab.
2. Tap on the video you want and delete it.
3. Now remake the video and edit it and post it again.
Saving the video in drafts and editing it
Another way to make sure that your posted video has no errors is by saving it in the drafts. By doing so you can then edit the video until you are satisfied again and again. This way is more efficient as you do not have to keep posting and deleting your videos until you achieve a video of your liking. Follow the steps below to do so:-
1. Open the Tiktok App and tap on the ‘Profile‘ tab.
2. Tap on ‘Drafts‘.
3. Tap on the video you want to edit.
4. After editing click on ‘Next‘.
5. Now you can post the video.
You may have been rash and posted a video with a caption that is a mistype or an error. You may have also posted a video that was not edited properly and is now in a panic. Although editing a TikTok after posting is not possible there are some ways around this bothersome problem. In this article, we have shown you some ways of editing a Tiktok video after posting. If you have any questions or queries regarding this topic then please feel free to leave them down below. Your questions will be answered as soon as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.