We live in a world where most of our interactions have shifted to an online form. Applications like Messenger have been at the epicentre of this progressive change. Texting your friends, sending photos and videos are all possible inside the app. You can also make a group chat where multiple people can text each other. But sometimes the group chat may need to be deleted. So, in this article, we will be looking into the ways on ‘How to Delete a Group Chat on Messenger For Everyone?‘.
Is There a Way To Delete a Group Chat on Messenger Permanently?
Messenger does not provide a function that lets you permanently delete a group chat with just one click. To delete the chat permanently you will have to go through some very simple steps that we have listed down below. You can follow the steps for the mobile app if you are on your phone or the desktop version if you are using a PC.
How to Delete a Group Chat on Messenger For Everyone?
Deleting the group for ‘Everyone’ may seem confusing as there also another function where you can delete the chat only for yourself. However, deleting a group chat on Messenger for everyone is super easy and you can do it with a few simple steps. Down below we have some steps for the mobile app if you are using a phone and also for the desktop version if you are using a PC.
1. Open the group chat conversation and click the name of the group chat.
2. Click on ‘See group members‘ under ‘GROUP INFO‘.
3. Click on the member’s name and press ‘Remove From Group‘.
4. Repeat this step until only you are left in the group chat.
5. Now, ignore the group chat by pressing ‘Ignore‘.
6. Go to your Message requests and click on ‘SPAM‘.
7. You can delete the group chat now by pressing ‘Delete‘ after opening the group chat from spams.
1. Open the group chat conversation and click on the more icon (i).
2. Click on ‘Chat members‘.
3. Click on the three dots at the side of the member’s name and click on ‘Remove member‘.
4. Click on ‘Remove from chat‘ and Repeat this until only you are left in the group chat.
5. Ignore the group chat by pressing ‘Ignore‘ and visit your Message requests
6. Click on ‘See spam‘ under ‘Requests‘.
7. Click on the group and click on ‘Delete chat‘.
Can You Delete a Group Chat Permanently If You Are Not The Admin?
To delete a group chat permanently on Messenger it is required that you are the admin. If you are not the admin of the group chat then you can delete the chat only for yourself. The other members will still be able to view the group chat even if you delete it.
Can You Retrieve Group Chat After Deleting It Permanently?
Once you permanently delete a group chat on Messenger you will not be able to view the group chat again. The group chat won’t be saved in any backup on your device and you will not be able to retrieve it after deleting.
Group chats on Messenger are a super reliable and easy way of communicating with your friends, co-workers, teachers and even random strangers. The feature has its perks but maybe after some time, you may need to delete the group chat permanently. So, in this article, we discussed some ways of deleting a group chat on Messenger permanently on both mobile and desktop. If you have any questions then please feel free to leave them down below and we’ll do our best in answering them.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.