Communication has always been a vital part of our lives ever since the beginning of our history. Apps like Messenger and Instagram have become a part of our daily lives. It has become so easy to send messages with a few flicks of our fingers, using messaging apps like Messenger. With new inventions and features coming at you from left and right you simply cannot keep up. Down below are a few ways on how to change background on Messenger in very simple steps.
What is Messenger?
Messenger is an instant messaging app and platform developed by Meta Platforms. The ‘Messenger’ app/software is used to send ‘messages’ to a person or even a group of people. You can also share photos, audio, videos and even files with your friends. The app is absolutely free and can be downloaded on most devices.
What is a background theme and color on Messenger?
Messenger has a feature that lets you choose the background of your chats. You can choose among the various colours gradients and different themes that are present.
How to Change Background on Messenger?
You can easily change background in messenger using your messenger app or on web. Here in this article I have explained both the ways.
1. On Mobile (Android)
1. Open the Messenger app on your Android device.
2. From the home tab, open the conversation you want to change the background of.
3. Tap on the (i) sign at the top right corner.
4. Then tap on the ‘Theme’ option.
5. Lastly, pick a color or theme for the conversation/chat background.
Click Here to Watch Video Tutorial
2. On Desktop (Using Messenger App)
You can change the background on Messenger on your desktop with a few simple steps:
1. Open the Messenger app.
2. Now open the conversation you want to change the color/theme for.
3. Click on the three dots present at the top.
4. Then click on Customize Chat and then click on Change theme.
5. You can then Pick a color or theme for the conversation/chat.
3. On Desktop (Using Messenger Web)
You can also change the background theme/colours on the desktop (Messenger)
- Open Messenger on the web.
- From Chats, open the conversation you want to change the background of.
- Click on the (i) icon present in the top right corner.
4. Now click on Customize Chat and click on Change Theme.
5. Pick a colour that you want for the conversation, then click Save.
3. On IOS
You can change the background on Messenger on your IOS:
- Open the Messenger app on your phone.
- From the Chats, open the conversation you want to change the background color/theme for.
- Click on the person’s name present at the top.
- Tap on Theme that is just under Customisation.
5. Select a Theme or colour that you want as your Background and tap on Save.
You can change the background theme on Messenger on your mobile (Android):
Will the group/person be notified?
When you change the background on Messenger, everyone in the chat will be notified.
Who can change background on Messenger?
Anyone in the chat has the ability to change the background theme/colour. When your friends change the background, you will be notified as well.
Can I change the background to normal again?
You can change the background to the previous default background at anytime. You can also change the background multiple times if your friends can put up with the multiple notifications as well.
In the 21st Century, communication has evolved to such a degree that one can contact another person with a few flicks from their finger. The ability to communicate has always been one of our basic but vital skills in the progression of humanity. From the invention of language and then letters, we have come to a point where we can communicate with absolutely anyone at any place and at any time. One medium is the messaging app ‘Messenger’ and above were a few ways explaining how you can change the background on Messenger. If you have any questions then please feel free to leave them down below.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.