Vivo phone has updated the Z series with the launch of the Z5x today in China. Vivo Z5x makes a detour from its predecessors in terms of the design it features. The Z5x comes with a punch-hole selfie camera design which makes it Vivo’s first phone with such design.
Table of Contents
VIVO Z5X IS OFFICIAL, BRINGS PUNCH-HOLE DISPLAY AND A 5,000MAH BATTERY
VIVO Z5X Design
In terms of design, the Vivo Z5x features a plastic back with gradient color finish and a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 2340 × 1080 pixels screen resolution. Under the hood, it is powered by a 10nm-based Octa Core Snapdragon 710 processor with Adreno 616 GPU, paired with 4GB, 6GB, or 8GB of LPPDDR4x RAM and 64GB or 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage (expandable up to 256GB with microSD). The smartphone also comes with dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, micro USB, 3.5mm audio jack, and a fingerprint sensor on the rear. It has a massive 5000mAh with 18W fast charging support to power everything and runs on Funtouch OS 9, based on Android 9.0 Pie.
VIVO Z5X Camera
In the camera department, the Vivo Z5x sports triple camera set up on the rear with a 16MP primary sensor with f/1.78 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, it is equipped with a 16MP camera with an f/2.0 aperture for selfies.
Vivo Z5x specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 LCD screen
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.78 aperture LED flash, 8-megapixel 120° wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.39 x 77.33 x 8.85 mm; Weight: 204g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging.
Vivo Z5x Pricing and Availability
As for the pricing, the Vivo Z5X 4GB+64GB variant comes with a $202 price tag, while the 6GB+64GB variant comes at 100 yuan higher – $217. The 6GB+128GB variant adopts a $246 price tag while the 8GB+128GB variant is priced at $289. The Z5x will be available in three color options: Extreme Night Black, Phantom Black, and Aurora. The Aurora variant has a gradient finish. The device is presently on pre-sale on Vivo’s official website and it will terminate on May 31. The mid-range model is expected to go on sale on June 1.