There are different typing tutor softwares available from which users can learn typing. These softwares can help you to build your typing speed, improve accuracy and make you more productive. In this article, I will be discussing one of the popular software Typing Guru very popular among beginners in learning typing.
What is Typing Guru?
Typing Guru is an alternative to Nepali Typeshala software. Typing Guru is very helpful for those who want to learn typing from starting. This software is developed on the view of beginners how they can increase typing speed.
It helps in speed building, improves typing accuracy and hence makes you more productive. It Monitors your typing speed that is word per minute and accuracy percentage after completion of each lesson. There is a step-by-step process to increase typing speed. This is available for Linux and windows both.
There are different versions of software available under the same name. They support different languages like Nepali, Hindi, English, Tamil, Punjabi, Urdu, Bengali, Marathi and Telugu. However, in the genuine software, you can practice Hindi Mangal Remington Gail, Inscript, Punjabi Raavi, Asees & English keyboards.
In typing guru you can change the time for a particular lesson or for the entire lesson by one button click, varying from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. This helps the user to apply more time to a particular lesson or all the lessons. It also helps in proper concentration for practising typing.
It is highly recommended to complete all the lessons before beginning with games as this is the core for learning touch typing correctly while the type games are the place to implement it. Obviously, fun is an essential element for educational practice and therefore there’s no need to get too strict with these guidelines. Just enjoy each of the free typing games. Remember, from time to time, to take a typing test and compare it to your previous result. Besides the encouragement, monitoring your progress is also important to point out your weakness points.
Features of Typing Guru App
- It is easy to install and use.
- It is helpful for improving typing speed and accuracy.
- Learn Typing with Characters, Words and Paragraphs Variations.
- Supports Hindi Mangal Remington Gail, Inscript, Punjabi Raavi, Asees & English
- Keyboard highlighting shows correct finger placement.
- It calculates net and gross words per minute WPM.
- You can take typing speed test.
- It is available for both windows and linux.
How to Download and Use Typing Guru?
Typing Guru is available for both online and offline users. All you need is to sign up on the website. After you have a login to the website, you can go through the lessons. You need to purchase the app to use all the features. However, you can do much without purchasing the app as well. Follow these steps to download and use typing guru.
1. Enter the required details in the form and click on ‘Register’.
2. Scroll down and click on the download option to download the software.
3. Install the software on your computer.
4. Enter your email and password to log in to the software.
5. Select the desired language to proceed.
Each language has three sub-options.
- Tutor ( Learning keys Placements)
- Practice Test ( Checking Typing Speed & Typing Errors for Test)
- Statistics ( Check performance of Learner)
The Tutor option has thirteen lessons. Each lesson has three options Character, Word and Paragraph.
- Character :- Preference is given to characters. Learn finger placement on keyboard and learn key placements.
- Word: Similar as to character option but preference given to word.
- Paragraph: No help is provided in this option but keyboard is provided in this option
6. Click on the ‘Tutor’ option and select the desired lesson.
After completion of each section gross typing speed in wpm, net typing speed in wpm and accuracy percentage is calculated. All sections have two categories Fixed and Random.
The fixed lesson as the name implies always remains fixed. The order in characters, words or paragraphs remains the same. In Random lessons every time the order changes mean every time you will get a new order.
Using this App users can learn typing and as well as takes typing tests. In tutor section, it has 3 main lessons. The first lesson covers character learning, second lesson word formation and third paragraph typing.
7. Practice typing following the guided steps.
8. Tap on ‘Exam Practice’ for typing test.
Typing tests have dummy lessons to test upon. Before starting typing test one can set the time from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. After completion of the test, one can check its words per minute (WPM) speed, Gross Speed, Number of correct words typed, Wrong words types, extra words typed, omitted words, accuracy percentage. One checks its detailed report on a word by word marking.
9. Click on ‘Statistics’ for viewing different datas like WPM, Accuracy, No. of word counts, etc on the basis of your practice.
This is all about typing guru software. Download Typing Guru and improve your typing ability by following these guided steps.
Happy learning, and enjoy installing Typing Guru app on your computer. Share this article with your friends if you find it helpful. If you have any queries regarding this article, do comment on us.