LinkedIn has been extremely helpful to a lot of people over the years since it was launched in 2003. You can also enable the feature called Open to Work so more people can notice you. When you find a job then you may want to turn off open to work on LinkedIn. If you do not use LinkedIn much then this can be a problem for you. Do not worry as we will help you find the solution. Read the full article to know how to turn off open to work on LinkedIn.
Open to Work on LinkedIn is a new feature on the platform to is a newer feature of the platform. When you turn on open to work many recruiters notice your profile and may higher you. So, the main reason for the feature is to find new works as per your requirement. LinkedIn is constantly promoting this feature. It will help people get jobs which was the reason for LinkedIn’s establishment. In order to land more jobs, you can add interests on LinkedIn.
How to Turn On Open to Work on LinkedIn?
Before knowing how you can turn off the feature, let us see how to turn it on. This feature can help you land jobs and connect with new people. It is one of the biggest advantages of LinkedIn which you do not find everywhere. In order to turn on open to work on LinkedIn just follow these steps below:
1. Open the LinkedIn application on your smartphone or your PC. Tap on your profile picture in the left-hand corner.
2. Tap on ‘View Profile’ on your smartphone. On your PC tap on your profile picture to go to the profile.
3. Tap on the ‘Open to’ button on your profile.
4. Fill in all the required information and then scroll down and tap on ‘Add to Profile’.
5. You can also tap on ‘Start a post’ to add that you are open to working as a post on your profile. Tap on ‘Post’ to post it after making any changes.
6. You will see #OPENTOWORK on your profile picture after that.
Hence by following these steps above, you can turn on open to work on LinkedIn. If you get a popup saying Chooses who sees you are open, select All LinkedIn members. This way you have a better chance to get the job and the post will reach many members. You can apply the same method for smartphones and PCs to turn on open to work.
How to Turn Off Open to Work on LinkedIn?
If you get a good job offer then you may want to turn off open to work on LinkedIn. It is very easy and similar to turning on open to work. The smartphone, as well as the PC, supports the same method for turning off work. In order to turn off open to work on LinkedIn just follow the steps below:
1. Tap on ‘View Profile’ on your smartphone. On your PC tap on your profile picture to go to the profile.
2. By the side of Open to work tap on the pencil icon.
2. Tap on ‘Delete from profile’ to delete the job preferences.
3. Tap on ‘Delete’ once again to confirm the deletion of job preferences.
4. The #OPENTOWORK will remove from your profile picture.
Hence by following these steps above you can turn off open to work on LinkedIn. You can follow the same method for smartphones as well as PCs.
Thus, by using the methods mentioned above, you can easily turn off open to work on LinkedIn. The same method is also applicable to PCs and smartphones. You may not think of it as a big deal but this feature plays a huge role in your recruitment process. Hope this article was helpful and cleared your doubts and now you can add interests on LinkedIn. Feel free to leave comments and questions if you have any confusion.