The process to remove phone numbers from Instagram can sometimes be pretty confusing and tricky. If you too are having such problems then worry no more. Because here we are with an article consisting of an easy step by step process to help you to remove phone number from Instagramwithout any delay.
If any person has your contact saved on their devices then, they can find you on basis of that on Instagram. This could help boost your profile and make new friends but it also comes with the drawback that someone might use it to stalk you digitally. This is why we are going to help you learn how you can remove phone numbers from Instagram profiles that you have.
Can I hide my Instagram from other people?
Yes, you can hide your Instagram account from other people. If you want to hide your Instagram account from other people, you can do so by removing your phone number, not linking your Instagram to your Facebook account. These measures will help you hide your account from your friends as well who have not already followed you on Instagram. You can also block them if you do not want them accessing or finding your account at all.
How to Remove Phone Number from Instagram in 2023?
If maintaining your privacy is the most important thing to you, you can also set your accounts to Private. This feature will only allow your already Instagram friends to see your posts and what you share and forbid other people from stalking your profile. You can remove phone number from Instagram through the following ways:
You can easily remove phone numbers from Instagram using either your computers or phones. Follow the following steps in order to remove phone number from Instagram using Computers:
- Open Instagram on your desktop/Pc.
- Log in and click on the small circle icon of your ‘profile‘.
- Choose the option ‘edit profile‘.
- Make sure that you have a valid email address connected to your account before removing the number.
- If not, enter you email address and confirm it by opening the link Instagram sends you.
- Disable your two-factor authentication. Go to ‘edit profile page>privacy and security‘. Find that option and toggle it off if it is on.
- Remove the number and click ‘submit‘.
In Instagram, you have to connect your account to a phone number or your email address. If you do not do so then, you will have no source to recover your account in case you ever forget your password or your account gets hacked.
2.By Using your Phones/Tablet
To remove phone numbers from Instagram using your phones, all you’ve got to do is:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone/tablet.
- Click on your ‘profile icon‘ at the right bottom.
- Open the ‘edit profile‘ option you see and choose ‘personal information settings‘.
- Check if you have a valid email. If not, set a valid email address and confirm it.
- Also, make sure that your two-factor authentication is disabled by going to: (privacy and security>two-factor authentication). If it is on, disable it. If not you don’t have to do anything.
- Proceed and ‘remove your number‘.
- Click on the ‘submit button‘ available on the bottom.
This is how you can easily remove phone numbers from Instagram using computers and phones. These methods are easy and reliable. Removing your phone numbers can protect you from stalkers who might use it to stalk your profile. You can also disconnect syncing contacts to make your account safer and homely. Hope that this article was helpful to you and now you can easily remove as well as teach others on how to remove phone numbers from Instagram.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.