Have you ever wondered about getting the grey check-mark on your Youtube channel? YouTubers with unique content and 100,000 subscribers can apply for YouTube Verification Badge. Here’s is the complete guide for you helping you to get verified on YouTube.
Benefits of YouTube Verification
You get several advantages after verifying your YouTube channel. It distinguishes your channel from other channels. This also builds the trust of your channel among your audience. Some of the important benefits of YouTube verification are:
1. It adds a verification checkmark next to a YouTube channel name.
2. It indicates the authenticity and credibility of your YouTube Channel.
3. It helps to differentiate official channels from other channels with similar names on YouTube.
4. It builds the trust of your channel among the viewers.
Criteria for YouTube Verification
To get verified on YouTube, you need to fulfil certain criteria set by YouTube. If you are fulfilling these conditions, then only you submit a verification request for your YouTube channel. The criteria for YouTube verification are:
1. You need a strong brand.
2. Your channel should have a unique name.
3. You should have at least 100,000 subscribers.
4. Your channel needs to be authentic representing the real creator, brand, or entity it claims to be.
5. Your channel should be public.
6. It should have a banner, description, profile picture, and content and be active on YouTube.
How to Get Verified on YouTube?
You can submit a request for a channel verification once you have met all the criteria for YouTube verification. There is no such shortcut to get verified on YouTube. You have to work hard on your channel to meet all these requirements. For this you can follow these important steps:
1. Optimize your YouTube channel to build a recognisable brand.
2. Post high-quality videos consistently in regular intervals.
3. Respond to the comments and get engaged with your audience.
4. Make a strong subscriber base and encourage your audience to like, share, and comment on your video.
Follow these steps to get verified on YouTube:
1.Click on the Google’s support page to open the verification section.
Note: If your channel isn’t eligible, you can’t see the form.
2. Enter your channel name and channel ID in the given form.
3. To know your Channel ID, go to Settings and then click on Advanced settings.
4. Click on Submit button and you will see the following notification.
You will also receive an email from YouTube for confirmation of the verification form. Your channel will be verified within few weeks after YouTube verifies all the criteria.
You should be very clear that verified channels don’t get any extra features on YouTube. They don’t represent awards, milestones, or endorsements from YouTube. Moreover, If you may lose your verification badge if you change your channel name or break the community guidelines of YouTube.
Distinguish your channel without YouTube verification
If your channel isn’t verified, you can still distinguish your channel from similar channels. These steps will also help in getting a YouTube verification badge.
- Use a unique channel name that represents who you are and the type of content you publish.
- Use a high-quality image for your profile pictures to make your channel look professional in search results.
- Customize your channel layout and branding for a personalized look and feel on your channel homepage.
This is all about YouTube channel verification. If you have met the criteria, follow the above steps to get verified on YouTube and enjoy the grey tickmark. If you have any queries regarding this topic, do comment on us.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.