How to Follow a Hashtag on Twitter in 2023?
Twitter has finally taken note of Instagram’s hashtag following feature. Following a Twitter hashtag keeps us updated on all news regarding that hashtag. So, let us tell you how to follow a hashtag on Twitter in 2022.
A hashtag can be used to gather a lot of attention towards a subject matter. People who post tweets know that very well. So, you will see all kinds of incidents, news, and insights if you follow the Twitter hashtags that spark your interest.
So, keep on reading to know how to follow a hashtag on Twitter in 2022. Learn how to make the best out of this dynamic app.
How to Follow a Hashtag on Twitter in 2022?
Following hashtags has made involvement in conversations much easier. The world of social media can suit your interest if you make the best of it. You can pick one of these steps to follow a hashtag on Twitter in 2022.
- By Twitter Search on a Web Browser
- Using a tool like Tweetdeck
- Using third-party websites
1. By Twitter Search on a Web Browser
This has to be the easiest way to follow a hashtag on Twitter. Because all you need is Twitter by itself. You don’t need another tool, even though using a tool has more depth of advantages.
Using a web browser, you can do a Twitter search on these two in-built features on Twitter to follow a hashtag.
- Using the Search Bar
- Using the Explore Page
Using the Search Bar
1. Log in to your Twitter account and go to the “Search Twitter” tab on top of the page.
2. Use hashtag sign “#” and type the word you want to research on.
3. Press Enter and tap on the menu icon next to the search bar.
4. Click ‘Save search”.
You can find your saved hashtag and search history when you tap the search bar. To delete the saved search, click the red dustbin icon. To delete the search history, just click the X sign beside the hashtag.
Using the Explore Page
1. Press the “Explore” icon and click on the hashtag you might be interested in.
2. Click “Save Search”.
Tip: Once you are on the page where you’ve opened the hashtag of your choice, you can bookmark the search return page. This way, you can hop on to this page and see the latest updates on the hashtag.
2. Using a tool like Tweetdeck
Tweetdeck was acquired by Twitter while it was still an independent app. As we’ve already mentioned, a tool has more advantages to give. You get to browse your searching hashtag, the home page, notifications, messages, trending topics on one page. Today, Tweetdeck runs only on a web browser.
With these steps, you can follow a hashtag on Twitter using Tweetdeck.
1. Log in to your Twitter account through Tweetdeck.
2. Tap the “+” icon and press “Search”.
3. Type the word you like to search for and click on the available options.
3. Using third-party websites
In 2022, you can find many third-party websites that help you track and analyze hashtags. Then you can decide if you want to follow the user if they are valuable to you or not. Some of such tools are Twitterfall, Tagboard, Talkwalker.
Down below we have listed ways to use Twitterfall for some hashtag tracking.
1. Open Twitterfall and log in to your Twitter account.
2. Go to “All Searches”, type your hashtag, and press “Add”.
3. Click the “>” button and press “Follow”.
In 2022, Twitter has come a long in building its user experience and bringing updated information in a matter of seconds. Hashtags have played a big role in it. And following them has refined the user’s timeline with their topics of interest.
We hope you now know how to follow a hashtag on Twitter in 2022. Let us know in the comments which are the new hashtags you followed recently.