Gmail is a famous mail service from Google. Youtube is a famous social media application for uploading videos from Google. There are a lot of people who visit these sites every day. Although both of these services are from Google, it is not easy to embed a Youtube video in Gmail. Sometimes you may want to share a Youtube video via Gmail. You can embed a video in the mail directly rather than sharing the link. However, there are a couple of methods to do so. Read the full article and you will know how to embed a Youtube video in Gmail.
There are a lot of reasons to embed a Youtube video in Gmail. The first is to increase engagement with your mail. If you are a part of the business, people can view the video within the mail itself. This helps people to know your service better. The Youtube video will also help you to communicate easily with the receiver. So, if you are a business organization, embedding the video can bring you a lot of sales and clicks. You can also easily cc in Gmail the video to share with a number of people.
How to Embed a Youtube Video in Gmail?
It is very easy to embed a Youtube video in Gmail. Although there is no direct method to do, there are a couple of alternatives. You can do so using your smartphones as well as your PC. There are two options to embed a Youtube video in Gmail. They are:
- Without Using Third-Party Plugins
- By Using Third-Party Plugins
Without Using Third-Party Plugins
The first option to embed a Youtube video in Gmail is without using a plugin. This method is not directly embedding a video. However, Gmail tends to show the video as embedded. You can follow this method on smartphones as well as PCs. In order to embed the video from Youtube in Gmail without using third-party plugins, just follow these steps:
1. Go to Youtube and then open the video you want to embed.
2. Tap on the ‘Share’ button below the video.
3. Copy the video link.
4. Open Gmail and then tap on ‘Compose’.
5. Paste the link in the message box and send it to the people you want to send it to.
Hence, you can very easily embed a Youtube video in Gmail without using a plugin. You do not need any third-party apps for this method. The same method can be followed in smartphones as well as PCs.
By Using a Third-Party Plugin
The next option to embed a Youtube video in Gmail is by using a plugin. We recommend you to use the Embed YouTube™ Video plugin. You can follow this method only on PCs but not on smartphones. In order to use this plugin, you will need a browser that supports Chrome Extension. To embed the video from Youtube in Gmail by using a third-party plugin, just follow these steps:
1. Download the plugin Embed YouTube™ Videos in Gmail by cloudHQ from the web store.
2. Open Gmail and then tap on ‘Compose’.
3. Tap on the Youtube icon which says ‘Embed Youtube Video in Gmail’.
4. If it is your first time using the plugin, you will see a dialogue box and tap on ‘Authorize Youtube’.
5. Search for the video or paste the link that you want to embed in the mail and select the video.
6. Enter the email to where you want to send the video and then tap on ‘Send’.
Hence, it is very easy to embed a Youtube video in Gmail by using a plugin. This method is only applicable to PCs using a web browser.
Hence you can very easily embed a Youtube video in Gmail. There is no direct option from Gmail. Yet, you can do it easily from your PCs as well as your smartphones. Just follow the steps given above and you are all good to go. Thank you for reading the article. We hope you got your answer on how to embed a Youtube video in Gmail. Please do share this article with your friends and help us grow. If you have any queries or comments do leave them in the comment box.