How to Download Music from Spotify?
Spotify is a popular music application to listen to songs online. They provide a wide range of songs for the user to listen to. You can listen to songs online but what about when you do not have the access to the internet? If you have Spotify premium then you can download music from Spotify. We will also provide you with some alternatives for free. In order to get the answer on how to download music from Spotify read the full article.
There are many features of Spotify. Letting the users download songs is one of them. When you download a song, you will see not see the file on your phone. The song will be in the Spotify application itself. When you do not have an internet connection then also you can listen to these songs. When you like a song you can loop a song on Spotify and also download it for listening later.
Table of Contents
How to Download Music from Spotify?
It is very easy to download music from Spotify. If you want to download the song directly on the Spotify app then you need to purchase premium version. The premium version directly lets you download the music on the app but not the free version. There are different options to download music from Spotify. They are:
- With Premium Version of Spotify
- Without Premium Version of Spotify
With Premium Version of Spotify
The first option to download the music is by using the premium version. We also recommend you to buy this version for other benefiets. The premium version does not contain ads and gives you other different options. You can not download songs using the free version of Spotify. In order to download music from Spotify there are two options. They are:
- From Smartphone
- From PC
If you have the premium version of Spotify then you can download songs from smartphone. You can listen to these songs when offline. However you can not download each song individually. Spotify gives you the option to download the playlist only. In order to download Spotify music follow these steps:
1. Open the Spotify application and tap on ‘Your Library’.
2. Tap on the playlist which you want to download.
3. By the side of Share with friends button, you will find three dots. Tap on it.
4. Finally tap on ‘Download’ to download the playlist for listening offline.
Hence by following these steps above you can download songs to listen later. You can follow the same method for both androids as well as iPhones.
You can also download songs on Spotify from PC. However you need to download the desktop version of the same for the same. Spotify does not give you the option to download songs using the web browser. In order to download songs from desktop application follow these steps:
1. Open the desktop application and tap on ‘Your Library’. Select the playlist which you want to download.
2. Tap on the ‘Download’ button by the side of the play button to download the playlist.
It is very easy to download the songs using your PC as well. However this method is only applicable to desktop applications and not web applications.
Without Premium Version of Spotify
After knowing how to download songs on Spotify premium, let us look at some free options. Although we do not recommend this method, these are also some options. There are two different options to download music from Spotify for free. They are:
- From Spotiflyer
- From AllToMP3
The first option to download the music free is by using the third-party app called Spotiflyer. You can download the app from Github and install it. Due to copyright policy, you will not find this app in the Google Play store. In order to download music from Spotify using this application follow these steps below:
1. Download Spotiflyer and install the application in your phone or PC.
2. Open Spotify application and search for the song you want to download. Tap on three dots by the side of the song.
3. Tap on ‘Share’.
4. Tap on ‘Copy Link’ and the link will be copied to your pasteboard.
5. Open Spotiflyer and paste the link you copied and then tap on ‘Search’.
6. Tap on the download button on the side of song.
7. Once the song gets downloaded you will see a tick mark by the side of the song.
Hence by using the third-party app called Spotiflyer you can download the song on your local storage. This way you can get the song in your device and listen to it whenever you want.
The next application to download music is AllToMP3. You can use this application to locally store the song in your PC and listen to it when you want. In order to download music from Spotify using AllToMP3 just follow these steps:
1. Download AllToMP3 and then install the application.
2. Open Spotify and search for the song you want to download.
3. Tap on the three dots by the side of the song and hover on ‘Share’ and then tap on ‘Copy Song Link’.
4. Open AllToMP3 app and then paste the link you copied and tap on ‘Enter’.
So by using this app you can download Spotify music on your computer as well. You can also use apps like Spotiflyer and others.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should I Remember while Downloading Music from Spotify?
While downloading music from Spotify you should remember a couple of things. First being that you can not download individual song. You can download the whole playlist while downloading from Spotify. The song will not be locally stored in your device but only on Spotify. So, you will not be able to share the songs with others when offline.
There can be different ways you can download music from Spotify. The Spotify premium lets you download song from the app itself but not the free version. In this article, we showed you different ways to download music from Spotify. We hope this was a helpful article. Let us know if you have any queries.