WhatsApp is one of the most popular application when it comes to having an effective conversation today. This Indian platform that is now owned by Meta is available across 180 countries with more than 2 billion users worldwide. WhatsApp provides the facilities of online texting, calls, video calls and many more. It also allows you to be a part of many WhatsApp groups.
This platform is very effective and easy to use and popular for its group chatting facilities. Be it a family group or one for work, WhatsApp makes the sharing of thoughts, files images everything so much easier. Especially if there is certainly planning to do, having conversations in a group makes the interpretation of thoughts much easier and everyone can share their opinions as well.
But once your planning is done and the work ends, you can leave or delete the WhatsApp group. There might also be situations when the constant popping of messages disturbs you and you cannot focus properly on your life. In those cases as well, you can easily delete WhatsApp groups.
How to Create a Group on WhatsApp?
You cannot delete a group until you have one. Creating groups allows you to be closer in touch with your mates and colleagues. The steps of creating a group on WhatsApp is very easy. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Open WhatsApp and click on the three dots as shown below.
2. Tap on ‘New Group‘ and select the participants you want to add in the Group.
3. Click on the ‘Arrow sign‘ at bottom.
4. Give your group a name and click on ‘Tick Mark‘ sign.
Once you do this, your Group gets created and now you can add more participants if you want to and have conversations easily.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group?
Now that you work in the Group has been done or, you are being bothered by the constant text messages that pop in the group, you can easily delete them and after doing so, the messages will stop incoming. To delete WhatsApp group, you have to either be the admin or a participant of the Group. How to delete WhatsApp Group :
- If you are the admin
- If you are a Participant
1. If you are the Admin
If you are the admin of a WhatsApp group, you have the power to delete the entire group permanently by also removing other participants from the group. To delete WhatsApp group :
1. Open the group you want to delete.
2. Tap on the three dots and select ‘Group info‘.
3. Select the participants and remove them from the group.
4. Exit yourself from the Group.
5. Click on ‘Delete Group‘ option and select ‘Delete‘.
This way, the group gets permanently deleted from WhatsApp. Neither you nor the previous participants can now text or have any other forms of conversation on the group.
2. If you are a participant.
To delete WhatsApp group if you are a participant:
1. Open the Group you want to Delete and tap on the three dots.
2. Select ‘Group Info‘.
3. Scroll down and tap on you name and exit from the Group.
4. Delete group option appears. Click on ‘Delete’.
After doing this, the group gets deleted from your account and you will not receive any notifications or messages anymore but the other participants will still be able to talk like previously without any issue.
How to Delete a Group on you PC?
To delete a WhatsApp group through your desktop/PC, follow the given steps:
1. Open WhatsApp on your computer and select the group you want to delete.
2. Tap on the three dots and select ‘Group Info‘.
3. Scroll down to the name of participants and remove them one by one.
4. Once done, exit yourself from the group.
5. Tap on the three dots again and select ‘Delete Group‘.
6. Tap on ‘Delete‘.
In this way, you can delete a group from a computer easily.
Thus, using the steps mentioned above, you can easily and effectively delete WhatsApp group. The steps for deleting the group is similar either on Android or IOs. The only way you can delete a group if you are an admin without having to remove everyone else is by making someone else the group admin. By doing this, you will become a participant and can easily exit and delete the group without having to remove others.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.