Messenger is an instant messaging application from Facebook. In order to text many people at once, you can create a group on Messenger. When you create a group, you may want to delete the group. If you want to know how to delete a group on Messenger, you have come to the right place. Once you read this article, you can easily do so.
What happens when I delete a messenger group?
When you delete a messenger group, you cannot access the group. The group does not show in your chat list. You cannot see the message, photos, or videos of the group. The group members will also not be able to send you messages in the group.
How To Delete a Group on Messenger?
When you create a group, sometimes you may wish to delete the group as well. Messenger provides you with different methods to delete the group. Let us see the different methods you can use to delete a group on Messenger.
Method 1: Delete a Group on Messenger on Mobile
The easiest way to delete a messenger group is by using the messenger app itself. This works for both messenger and messenger lite. If you want to delete a messenger group from mobile just follow these steps:
1. Open the Messenger app and tap on the Chats tab on the home screen.
2. Select the group you want to delete and remove everyone except yourself from the group.
3. Tap the Info button on the right-hand corner and click Ignore Group.
4. Tap on your profile picture and click Message Requests.
5. Go to Spam and hold the group you want to delete.
6. Tap on Delete.
In this way, you can delete a group on Messenger using your phone. The method is the same for Android as well as iPhone. You can also delete the group from the web. Let us look at the next method to do so.
Method 2: Delete a Group on Messenger on the Web
The method to delete a messenger group from your laptop is also easy. It is similar to the phone. Now let us look at how to delete a messenger group from your PC. You can follow these steps to delete the group:
1. Open the message section in your browser and click group chat on the left side.
2. Remove all members except yourself.
3. Click on Privacy & Support and then click on Ignore Message.
4. Click on the three dots next to chat and then on Message Requests.
5. Click on See Spam and click on the three dots by the side.
6. Tap on Delete Chat and Delete Chat again to confirm.
By following these few easy steps, you can easily delete a group on Messenger from the web.
Why can’t I delete a Group?
We now know how to delete a group on both phone and PC. However, sometimes you cannot find the option to delete the group. There can be various reasons for that. Let us look at the most common ones:
- You are not the admin of the group. If you are not the admin of the group, deleting the group chat is not possible.
- You have not removed all the members from the group. You cannot delete the group before removing the members of the group.
Now you know, why you can not delete a group. You can follow the above steps after confirming the reasons mentioned above.
Hence you can easily delete a group chat on Messenger. You can do it from your mobile phone as well as your PC simply by following the steps above. We hope you got your answer on how to delete a group on Messenger. Please share the article with your friends. If you have any queries or comments do leave them in the comment box.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.