eSewa is Nepal’s first online payment service provider. It was launched on January 25, 2010, releasing a beta version in 2009. This has a vision of a cashless economy and claims to have reached every part of the country. It has become a very popular app in this digital era. You can create and Verify eSewa Account too.
Though there are others payment gateways eSewa has become the first choice due to its goodwill. More than five lakhs of customers, twenty thousand plus eSewa Zone and more than one thousand merchants.
It allows users to transfer and deposit money on various banks and also offers you the facility to top-up your mobile, pay postpaid, landline and ADSL bills, buy bus tickets, airlines tickets and movie tickets as well as transfer money from one bank to another.
Why use eSewa?
- Mobile Phone Recharge and Topup
- Electricity Bill Payment
- Drinking-Water (Khanepani) Bill Payment
- Airlines / Bus Ticketing
- Movie Ticketing
- ISP Bill Payment
- School/ College Fee Payment
- Credit Card Payment
- Bank Deposit and Remittance
- Insurance/ EMI/ Finance Payment
- Events and Fairs Ticket (Cricket, Football, Concert, etc.)
There are more than 100 similar services that are made available by eSewa.
Follow these steps to Create and Verify eSewa Account:
1. Open the Play Store and search ‘eSewa’ and install it.
2. Open the app and tap on ‘Login/Register’ and then ‘Register for Free for’ your registration.
3. Fill up the registration form by adding the Mobile number, Name and Gender and tap on Proceed by verifying your Mobile number from a 6-digit verification code.
4. Set the secure 4-digit MPIN to complete your eSewa Registration. Tap Update on your Home Screen for completing the KYC form.
Note: You can also open by tapping on the profile image and then “My Information”.
5. Now you are in KYC verification. A form will open and fill all the details dully.
6. Attach the document asked like Photo and ID’s like Citizenship or license or passport and also fill document information.
Personal details required for KYC are as follows:
- Full Name
- Father’s Name
- Grandfather’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact No.
- Permanent Address
- Current Address
- Document information i.e. Document number, issued date, etc.
Documents required for KYC are as follows:
1. Scanned photos of PP size photo
2. Both sides of Citizenship/License/passport/voter ID.
7. Click on Submit and confirm your details after reviewing it to complete your KYC verification.
You will receive KYC approval within 48 hours of filling out the form.
Note: If you have any issues with KYC registration Contact eSewa Customer Care. For this tap on 3 dotted lines in the top left corner and click on Help. Select the option through which you can contact.
After verifying KYC, users get various benefits like:
- Verified users will be able to transact above NRs. 5,000 per transaction.
- Verified users can transfer money from their wallets to bank accounts maintained at eSewa Member Banks at minimal charges.
- Verified users can receive the amount from Western Union directly in their eSewa account.
In this way, you can Create and Verify your eSewa Account. You can enjoy hundreds of offers by sitting at home if you have an eSewa account.
Although you have installed and verified your eSewa account, you need to load money for the transaction. Here’s how to load money in an eSewa account.
I hope this article was helpful to you. If you have any queries regarding this, do comment on us.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.