Facebook and Gmail both are one of the most popular social media and electronic mail platforms worldwide. Each of these platforms is equally reliable and contains multiple features and the best part is that you can connect Facebook to Gmail account and make the productivity of this app go further higher.
When your Facebook and Gmail accounts are linked together, your account becomes very secure as you will be notified if someone tries to access your account. Gmail will receive notifications when you forget your Facebook password, receive messages and help make your account information easy to access and safely stored.
If you are unaware of how to connect Facebook to Gmail Account, worry no more because, with this article, we have you covered.
How to Connect Facebook to Gmail Account?
Especially if you are a student or a working person, it makes it easy for your coworkers and mates to find you on Facebook using your Gmail username, contact you and help establish a better relationship. Conducting business also becomes easy and people can contact you in a formal manner. You can connect Facebook to Gmail account by:
1. Using Phones
2. Using Desktop/PC
1. Using Phones
To connect Facebook to Gmail account using your phone i.e. using the Facebook phone app, follow the given steps:
1. Open Facebook on the app and log into your account.
2. Click on ‘Hamburger‘ icon then go to ‘Settings‘ icon.
3. Select ‘Personal account and information‘ option.
4. Click on ‘Contact info‘.
5. Select ‘Add Email Address‘ option.
6. Enter your email address and click on ‘Add Email‘.
7. Click on ‘Confirm‘. You will be requested to enter a code.
8. Now, go to the inbox of the email you just added and open the confirmation mail sent by Facebook then select ‘Confirm‘ option you see.
9. Or, look for the code then, go to Facebook and then enter the code and select ‘Confirm‘.
10. Your email gets confirmed and added.
In this way, you can connect Facebook to Gmail account using your phone.
Click Here to Watch Video Tutorial
2 Using Desktop/PC
To link Facebook to Gmail account using your desktop/PC i.e. the Facebook web version, follow the given steps:
1. Open Facebook on web and log into your account.
2. Click on the ‘Profile icon‘.
3. Select ‘Settings and Privacy‘ option then navigate to ‘Settings‘.
4. Under General, select ‘Contact‘ option.
5. Select ‘Add another email or mobile number‘.
6. Enter the email address you want to connect to and click on ‘Add‘.
7. Re-enter your password to continue then select ‘Submit‘.
8. Now, go to the inbox of the email you just added and open the confirmation mail sent by Facebook.
9. Click on ‘Confirm‘ option to confirm the email.
10. Or, look for code then go back to Facebook again and under Pending email, select ‘Confirm‘ option.
11. Enter the code you received then tap on ‘OK‘.
12. The email gets added successfully.
In this way, you can connect Facebook to Gmail account using your desktop/PC i.e. the Facebook web version.
If you are only connecting your Facebook to your Gmail account for security purposes and do not want notifications popping on it time and again, you can pause them and only receive the emails you actually need. Click here to learn more: How to Stop Facebook Notifications on Gmail?
Hence, by using the steps mentioned above in the article, you can now easily connect Facebook to Gmail account. You can add multiple emails or even phone numbers using the same method and connect your Gmail accounts to Facebook. When you do this, the update and notifications of your Facebook account will also be available on your Gmail accounts, and protecting the account also becomes easier and more efficient.
Hope this article was helpful and cleared your doubts. Feel free to leave comments in case of any queries.