YouTube is one of the biggest and most popular video streaming platforms worldwide. This platform allows you to browse all types of entertainment, educational, informative, and many other videos you wish. But as you may know, like all social media platforms, YouTube also keeps a track of your search history.
Search history is a great way of knowing the type of content you browse often and finding them more easily. You get recommendations on the type of videos you search for as well. However, it can become a problem when you are trying to maintain some privacy and looking for a change of genre. Well, in those cases, you can easily clear YouTube search history.
If you are unaware of how to clear YouTube search history, worry no more because, with this article, we have you covered.
How to Clear YouTube Search History?
The process to clear YouTube search history is easy and short. It is very helpful if you share your devices with someone else and don’t want them peeking into your personal life with the type of content you like. You can clear YouTube search history by:
1. Using YouTube App
2. Using Web Browser
1. Using YouTube App
You can clear YouTube search history using the YouTube app on your phone. To do so, follow the given steps:
1. Open YouTube app and log into your account.
2. Click on your ‘Profile’ icon.
3. Select ‘Settings’ option.
4. Go to ‘History and Privacy’.
5. Click on ‘Clear Search History’ option.
6. Tap on ‘Clear search history’ to confirm.
7. Your search history gets deleted.
In this way, you can clear YouTube search history using your mobile phone, i.e., the YouTube app. Unfortunately, the YouTube app does not allow you to remove the search history one by one as you wish. So, you will have to clear all in order to get rid of it.
2. Using Web Browser
To clear YouTube Search History using a web browser i.e. the web version of YouTube, follow the given steps:
1. Open YouTube on any web browser and log into your accounts.
2. From the left sidebar, click on ‘History’.
3. Click on ‘Watch and search history’ option.
4. Click on the ‘X’ icon above the search history you wish to delete.
5. Click on ‘Delete’ to confirm.
6. To delete all the search and watch history, click on ‘Delete’.
7. Select the option you prefer.
8. Click on ‘Delete’ to confirm.
9. Your search history will have been deleted.
In this way, you can clear YouTube search history using the web version.
How to Pause YouTube Search History?
If you do not wish YouTube to track your search history, you can pause it. Pausing search history makes sure that anything you search for on YouTube here will not be saved. Thus, ridding you of the stress of clearing your search history time and again. To pause your YouTube search history, follow the given steps:
1. Open YouTube and click on your ‘Profile icon’.
2. Select the ‘Settings’ option.
3. Go to ‘History and Privacy’.
4. Toggle on the ‘Pause search history’ option.
5. Click on ‘Pause‘ to confirm.
6. The search history will have been paused.
The search history gets paused and YouTube stops tracking what you search for till you toggle it off again.
You might also be interested in How to Clear YouTube Cache?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does clearing YouTube search history do?
Clearing YouTube search history is more of a personal choice and privacy concern. If someone else also uses your YouTube account, clearing your search history ensures that the person cannot see the type of content you search for and browse. It also ensures that YouTube stops showing you relatable content according to your search preferences.
How to clear your YouTube watch history?
To clear your YouTube watch history, go to your YouTube Settings>History and Privacy>Clear watch history. Click on ‘Clear watch history’ to confirm.
You can also pause the watch history by following the same steps and then toggling on the ‘Pause watch history’ button.
Hence, by using the steps mentioned above in the article, you can now easily clear YouTube search history using the app as well as the web version of YouTube. You can also pause the search history if you wish not to keep deleting it again and again. You can also clear the watch history if you please.
Hope this article was helpful and cleared your doubts. Feel free to leave comments in case of any queries.