How to Change Your Birthday on TikTok?
TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms all around the world right now with a billion users. Like any other social media platform, TikTok too has an audience ranging from a very low age to a high one. However, since it is its responsibility to protect the audience to some extent as well, this app has some strict rules when you wish to change your birthday on TikTok.
Sometimes, many of us can enter the wrong date of birth by mistake or even intentionally. When this happens, and we keep using the account, it can cause us some problems as some content is not accessible to people below a certain age. In those cases, you can change your birthday on TikTok.
If you are unaware of how to do so, worry no more because we have you covered with this article.
Table of Contents
How to Change Your Birthday on TikTok?
Previously, TikTok had an option that allowed you to change your date of birth directly. However, it is a bit strict now. To age as of now on TikTok, you must verify your real date of birth with a government-issued document. However, if you have previously set TikTok Parental Controls, it will not be disabled by updating your birthday. To change your birthday on TikTok, follow the given steps:
To change your birthday on TikTok, follow the given steps:
1. Open TikTok and log into your account.
2. Go to your ‘Profile’ and click on the ‘Hamburger icon’.
3. Click on ‘Settings and Privacy’.
4. Scroll down to the Support & About section then select ‘Report a problem’.
5. Tap on the ‘Account and profile’ option you see.
6. Select ‘Editing profile’ option.
7. Click on ‘Other’.
8. Tap on the ‘Need more help?’ option.
9. Write down your feedback as to why you want to change your birthday on TikTok. You can write something like ‘I need to change my birthday as I entered the wrong one previously. I can share some ID to prove my actual date of birth if necessary‘. (Do not attach any ID with this feedback initially.)
10. Once done, hit ‘Submit’.
11. Your feedback gets submitted.
12. After some days, you will receive an email on your account linked to your TikTok profile. You will be asked for some type of ID or verification for your real date of birth. Once you send it, your TikTok birthday will be updated in a certain amount of time.
In this way, you can change your birthday on TikTok.
You might also be interested in: How to Change Birthday on Facebook?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why can’t I update my birthday directly on TikTok?
TikTok removed the feature to change your age directly on the platform in order to protect minors from accessing certain TikTok features and contents. Minors are not able to access features like direct messaging on TikTok, collecting coins, or even going live and viewing some adult-based content. But, they started changing their age in order to do so. That’s why TikTok made its age-changing features more strict so that minors would have safe fun.
What to do if TikTok does not update my age?
Well, if that happens and you are actually an adult who entered the wrong date of birth, you can sign up for a new account on TikTok. Make sure that you download the data from your previous account and delete it then, start a new account. Add your real birth date and then upload the data to your new account. However, you will still lose all the followers you had ad will have to start from square one.
Why can’t I go live on TikTok?
There are two reasons why you cannot go live on this social media platform. One is that you must be at least 16 years old to go live on the platform. TikTok has a strict policy about minors going live and will not allow you to do so if you are underage. Secondly, you must have at least 1000 followers on TikTok to be able to access and use the live option.
Hence, by using the steps mentioned above in the article, you can now easily change your birthday on TikTok. Since this process can be lengthy and take time and a lot of effort, make sure that you enter the right age before creating the account.
Hope this article was helpful and cleared your doubts. Feel free to leave comments in case of any queries.