Discord is one of the most popular platforms worldwide especially for gamers. This platform allows you to play online games with your friends and communicate as well. But there might be days when you just want to do all of these alone without your friends knowing and disturbing you time and again. Well, in those cases, you can change status on Discord.
Discord allows its users to turn off their online status on the platform to idle or do not disturb and even set it to invisible so that your friends will not know that you are currently available on the app. When you do this, you will still have access to all the features on Discord and play games alone in your own sweet time.
If you are new on Discord and are having problems figuring out how to change status on Discord, worry no more because with this article, we have you covered.
What are the available status on Discord?
As we are familiar, most of the social media applications contain only two statuses usually and they are online and offline. But, it is not so in Discord. Discord provides its users with a total of 4 different status on its platform along with a custom status option to customize your status that allows you to set a caption as how you want your status to appear to other users. The different available status on Discord are:
- Online- It means you are available and active on the platform
- Idle- For when you are unavailable and busy
- Do not Disturb- For when you do not want to receive notifications
- Invisible- To hide you from other user’s online list
How to Change Status on Discord?
Changing status on Discord is an easy process and can be done using any device that supports the app. The do not disturb status is only effective when you are using the web version of Discord. You can change status on Discord by:
1. Using Phones
2. Using Desktop
1. Using Phones
To change status on Discord by using phones or, the Discord phone app, follow the given steps:
1. Open Discord phone app and log into your account.
2. Click on your ‘Profile icon’.
3. Select ‘Set Status’ option.
4. Select the status you want to set.
5. Your status will have been set.
6. If you want to customize your status, select the last option to set a custom status and choose the emoji and status you want others to see when they visit your profile.
You can remove it by just clicking on set status option and tapping the ‘X’ sign beside the status. Hence, in this manner you can change status on Discord using your phones.
2. Using Desktop
To change status on Discord using desktop/PC or, the Discord web app, follow the given steps:
1. Open Discord on web and log into your account.
2. Click on your ‘Profile icon’ at the left bottom.
3. Select any status your want or, ‘Set a Custom Status’ option.
4. Select the status you want to set and at the top, choose emoji and add texts (custom status) regarding how you want it to appear and how long you want to clear it after.
5. Click on ‘Save’.
Thus, you can change status on Discord this way using Desktop/PC. Your custom status will appear below your name and be shown to the other Discord users as well when they try to contact you. To remove it, just click on your profile icon and select the ‘X’ icon beside the custom status.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does a custom status mean on Discord?
Custom status option on Discord allows you to choose how you want your status to appear i.e. in what name. You can choose any of the available 4 statuses on Discord and then set a custom status to as what you want other users to see when they visit your profile.
Can someone know if I am invisible on Discord?
No, no one can tell if you have set your account to invisible on Discord. If you have set a custom status, they will be able to see that but will not know if you are currently using the platform or not.
Does Discord automatically change statuses?
Yes, but it only happens by default for online and idle status. If you are online, the app shows to other users like wise and when you are not using the app, your status will be shown as idle automatically i.e. offline. Click here on how to do so all the time yourself.
Hence, by using the steps mentioned above, you can easily change status on Discord and have your personal time without getting disturbed by your friends. Choose cool custom status and have fun being hidden on Discord.
Hope this article was helpful and cleared your doubts. Feel free to leave comments in case of any queries.