Facebook Messenger is one of the most effective and easy to use messaging platforms worldwide. This platform is exclusively used for texting and calling your Facebook friends for free. When someone sends you a message on Facebook messenger, your phone beeps with a sound notifying that you have received a message or someone is calling you on Messenger.
Now, since Messenger has a default notification sound, sometimes you may be sick and tired of listening to the same sound again and again. Or even, if you are someone who needs to travel with groups time and again, you may not be able to differentiate when your phone is beeping. In those cases, you can change messenger sound.
If you are having problems and are not aware on how to change Messenger sound, worry no more because this article has your back.
How to Change Messenger Sound?
When you change Messenger sound, you will be able to tell when exactly is your phone that is beeping and, you will also not be fed up with the same sound beeping time and again. Messenger allows you to choose from a series of different sound while you are attempting to change it. Here is how you can change Messenger sound by:
1. Using Android
2. Using iOS Devices
1. Using Android
To change Messenger sound using Android, follow the given steps:
1. Open Messenger on your phone and log into your account.
2. Tap on the ‘Profile icon’.
3. Scroll down and click on ‘Notification and Sounds’.
4. To change the ringtone, tap on ‘Ringtone’ option. Choose the ringtone to your preference.
5. To change the message pop up sound, tap on ‘Notification Sound’ option. Choose the sound of your preference.
Hence, you will have changed your Messenger sound.
2. Using iOS Devices
The process to change Messenger sound using iOS devices can be pretty tough and confusing as Messenger is not an Apple product. You may be able to easily mute or block Messenger sound, but changing it can be a handful. To change Messenger sound using iOS devices, follow the given steps:
1. Go to the ‘Settings’ of your iOS device.
2. Click on ‘Sound and Haptics’.
3. Go to ‘Alerts’ and open Messenger to change the Messenger pop up sound.
4. Go to ‘Ringtones’ to change the Messenger ringtone.
In this way, you can change Messenger sound on your Iphone.
How to Customize Messenger Sound?
You can also customize Messenger notification sound. You can do so for both texts and ringtone. You can also use local ringtones on your phone and customize Messenger sounds. To do so, follow the given steps:
1. Open ‘Settings‘ on your phone and go to ‘Apps’ or ‘App Management’.
2. Scroll down and click on ‘Messenger’.
3. Tap on ‘Manage Notifications’.
4. Choose the things whose notification sound you want to change.
5. Listen to the sounds and choose of your new preference.
In this way, you can customize Messenger sound easily. You can also open file manager and choose ringtones from there.
How to Mute Someone on Messenger?
If you are fed up of someone texting you time and again and the notification kicking in rapidly, you can also mute them on Messenger. When you mute someone on Messenger, they will still be able to send you messages and call you but, you will not be notified like before. Still, when you open your Messenger account, you will be able to see that they sent you texts and reply to them when you want. You can mute someone on Messenger by:
1. Open the conversation you want to mute.
2. Click on the icon at top right.
3. Tap on the ‘Bell icon’ that shows mute.
4. Choose what you want to mute and click on ‘Ok’.
In this way, you can mute someone on Messenger. This process is applicable for both android and iOS users. You can also unmute the conversation when you want to receive notifications again. To learn how to unmute message, click here: How to Unmute Messages on Messenger?
Hence, by following the steps mentioned above, you can easily change sound on Messenger. If you want to customize it, do so using the settings of your phone and choose the notification sound of your choice and miss no notifications. In some countries, customizing option is also available under Notification and sounds on Messenger so, give it a go.
Hope this article was helpful and came to your aid. Feel free to leave comments in case of any queries.