Generally, when a new Facebook profile is created, the ‘Follow’ feature is disabled. This means that other Facebook users can only send you friend requests or personal messages in your inbox. Because of the default settings, no one can follow you, so no one will be able to receive your public posts as newsfeed in their timeline. However, you can Change Facebook “Add Friend” button to the “Follow” button.
If you already have lots of Facebook friends who are more like potential clients, and you haven’t created any Page, then you can still add follow button so that your new friends can see your posts even if they aren’t in your friend list by following you.
You can simply add follow button following a few steps but before you do that, it may be a good idea to double-check that only stuff that you want to share with non-friends is public.
Follow these steps to enable the ‘Follow’ option on your Facebook profile using your mobile phone:
1. Open Facebook on your mobile and tap on the ‘menu’ and open ‘Settings & Privacy.‘
2. Open ‘Settings’ and scroll down to open privacy settings.
3. Go to the option ‘Who can send you friend requests?’ and change it to ‘Friends of Friends’ from ‘Everyone.’
4. Come back to settings and open ‘Public Posts’ and in the option ‘Who can follow me’ change your selection from ‘Friends’ to ‘Public.’
5. To confirm, go to your Facebook profile page, hit the ‘View As’ button and then click the ‘Public’ link to see what updates in your profile are public.
Here you can see how easily my page view has been changed to ‘Follow’ from the ‘Add Friend’ button. This is all about this function. You can also change your “Add Friend” button to the ‘Follow’ button and increase your followers.
In this way, you can easily change Facebook “Add Friend” button to the “Follow” button. If you have any queries, Do comment on us.
Facebook Security is a big issue nowadays. If you want to secure your account, check these four important security settings.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, tips & tricks, and tech reviews.