WhatsApp is one of the most popular and widely growing social media platforms worldwide with more than 2 billion users. This platform is very easy to use and makes communicating with your friends and family much more efficient. One of the best features of this platform is that you can add as many people to your WhatsApp list as you wish.
No matter what country they are from, or who they are, you can easily add anyone you wish to use WhatsApp. If you have a friend, partner, or anyone else you want to talk to living abroad or anywhere, you can easily talk to them for free using WhatsApp. You can also create groups, call them, video chat, and do many more.
If you are unaware of how to add someone on WhatsApp, worry no more because, with this article, we have your back.
How to Add Someone on WhatsApp?
As you might already know, WhatsApp uses your contact information while creating a new account. It means that you can only add someone on WhatsApp using their contact numbers. You will first have to add their contact information to your phones and then only you will be able to communicate with those people through WhatsApp. To add someone on WhatsApp, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone and click on the ‘Chat’ icon.
2. Select the ‘New Contact’ option.
3. Enter the name, contact number, and other details of the person you want to add.
4. You can also add a picture if the feature is provided by your phone.
5. Once done, hit ‘Save’.
6. The contact will be saved and you will find it in your WhatsApp contact list if they are on WhatsApp.
7. Open their inbox and send a message to them.
In this way, you can add someone on WhatsApp using their contact numbers. To add someone from another country, make sure to use the ‘+’ sign and then the ISD code of that country before entering the phone number. (Example: For the UK, the ISD code is 44. So, The WhatsApp contact should be added as
‘+44 000 000 0000’ where the 0’s imply phone number.
How to Invite Someone on WhatsApp?
Now, that you have learned how to add someone on WhatsApp, you will be able to add them and send them messages whenever you wish to. But, what do you do when they are not on WhatsApp? Well, in those cases, WhatsApp allows you to invite them on WhatsApp via other platforms such as Gmail, Messenger, Instagram, direct messaging, and many more. To invite someone on WhatsApp, follow the given steps:
1. Open WhatsApp and click on the ‘Chat’ icon.
2. Scroll down to the list containing contacts that are not on WhatsApp.
3. Click on ‘Invite’ beside the name of the person you wish to invite.
4. Send a direct message to invite them on WhatsApp.
5. Another way you can do this is by:
6. Open WhatsApp and click on the ‘Chat’ icon.
7. Click on the ‘Three dots’.
8. Select the ‘Invite a friend’ option.
9. Choose a platform via which you want to invite a friend.
10. Send them a message to invite them to WhatsApp.
When they now open the invite you sent, they will be taken to WhatsApp and will be able to create a new account of their own.
Hence, by following the steps mentioned above in the article, you can now add someone on WhatsApp and also invite them to the platform if they already do not have an account. Add anyone you want from any corner of the world and talk to them freely with WhatsApp.
Hope this article was helpful and cleared your doubts. Feel free to leave comments in case of any queries.